Taking care of your gums is just as important as taking care of your teeth. That’s why First Dental Associates has a periodontist on staff to make sure your gums stay healthy.
Dr. Sadeghi and the rest of our staff make your gum health a high priority. At our Reading, MA dentist office, we can:
- Treat and repair your swollen, bleeding, or tender gums
- Prevent gum disease symptoms from coming back
- Ensure your total oral health
Call 781-435-7290 today to schedule an appointment with us if you’re experiencing redness or discomfort in your gums.
Repairing Your Smile With Expert Gum Disease Treatments
We offer a few treatments to keep your gums in great shape, including:
- Scaling And Root Planing – Dental scaling and root planing, also known as deep cleaning, is a process in which tartar buildup is removed from the gumline and unhealthy tooth material is smoothed away.
Sometimes deep cleaning will be accompanied by a prescription for antibiotics or an antibacterial treatment called Arestin to ensure the bacteria responsible for gum disease is gone. This process will help restore the health of your gums without surgery.
- Gum Surgery– If gum disease advances to late-stage periodontal disease, surgery may become necessary. Our periodontist will become involved to ensure the optimal health of your gums.
Gum surgery usually consists of removing infected gum tissue and then replacing it with healthy gum tissue. In some cases, teeth extraction is necessary to fully restore the health of your mouth. Our periodontal specialist can do this, as well as place dental implants for your tooth replacement. We offer local anesthesia and dental sedation for your comfort.
Call 781-435-7290 or use our online form to contact us regarding any gum issues you’re experiencing. Dr. Sadeghi will begin treatment right away to prevent the problem from causing unnecessary damage to the rest of your smile!