Dr. Medha Singh attended Government Dental College in India, where she earned her Bachelor of Dental Surgery degree. She then attended Tufts University, where she earned her Master of Science degree, Doctor of Dental Medicine degree, and Certificate of Advanced Education Program in Periodontology. She was also honored with a Fellowship in Oral Implantology from Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Harvard University.
Dr. Singh continued at Harvard as a part-time faculty member in periodontology, and she worked as an assistant professor at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. She is also serving on the American Board of Periodontology as a diplomate and is an Academic Fellow of the American Academy of Oral Medicine.
During her time as an assistant professor at Tufts, Dr. Singh completed extensive research in the Division of Oral Medicine and Dental Research. She has even worked on research funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Dr. Singh has written about and lectured on drug therapies for treating patients with salivary hypofunction and Sjögren’s syndrome. Her work on Sjögren’s syndrome has also been published in several books and academic journals. Dr. Singh is also a reviewer of two journals, the Journal of Periodontology and the Journal of Dental Education.
Dr. Singh is a fellow of:
- American College of Dentists
- International College of Dentists
- Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- Sigma Xi Scientific Research Honor Society
- American Academy of Periodontology Foundation
She is also:
- A scholar of the American Dental Education Association/Academy for Academic Leadership Institute for Teaching and Learning Program for Health Professions
- Former Chair of the Periodontics section of the American Dental Education Association
- Former network officer of the International Association for Dental Research
- 2010 International Scholarship winner granted by the International Team for Implantology Foundation in Switzerland
In addition to her many international accolades and accomplishments, Dr. Singh is very involved in her local community. She has given her time and knowledge to underprivileged communities in Boston as well as in India. Dr. Singh also serves as a mentor to students seeking to pursue a dental career.