It is always better to prevent oral health problems than it is to treat them after they occur. That is our guiding principle here at First Dental Associates.
Our Reading, MA dentist, Dr. Sadeghi, knows the best ways to:
- Provide you with a long-lasting, healthy smile through regular dental cleanings
- Catch potential threats before they can do any damage during dental exams
- Protect your smile during activities or from teeth grinding with a custom mouthguard (students get theirs for free!)
Call 781-435-7290 to make an appointment for yourself or your whole family today. We serve Reading, MA and the surrounding areas.
Keeping Your Smile In Top Condition With Dental Cleanings And Exams
After you meet our friendly expert staff during your first visit, we’ll take some quick and easy digital X-rays of your mouth. Next, you’ll meet Dr. Sadeghi as she evaluates your digital images and discusses the best treatment plan for you.
In most cases, you will then receive a detailed and comprehensive cleaning. Our office uses:
- Air abrasion to get your teeth as clean as possible with the least invasive technique
- Visual oral cancer screening, with the option of a VELscope screening to fully examine the condition of your smile
If needed, we can set up financing as well. All in all, the first visit usually lasts around an hour and a half.
Providing Extra Care With Sealants And Fluoride Treatments
Fluoride Varnish Treatment
Fluoride is an important part of good oral health, especially when it comes to preventing tooth decay. Although you are likely getting fluoride from your toothpaste and even tap water, sometimes you need a reinforcement. Here’s how we do that at our office:
- We cover your teeth with a thin layer of fluoride.
- You will leave the varnish on as directed and then remove it with a vigorous brushing.
- The fluoride from the varnish will bond with your enamel, strengthening your teeth.
We can also provide convenient fluoride treatment trays for a take-home preventive dental care solution.
Another way to protect your teeth from decay is by using dental sealants. A sealant is a thin layer of resin that we literally paint onto the chewing surface of your teeth, usually your molars. The sealant fills in the natural cracks and fissures in your teeth where bacteria and lingering food particles can cause tooth decay.
Protecting Your Teeth With Custom Mouthguards
Teeth grinding at night, known as bruxism, can be a serious threat to your oral health, as well as cause jaw and neck pain and headaches. The wear and tear inflicted on your teeth by grinding can be reduced or stopped with a nightguard from First Dental Associates.
We also provide athletic mouthguards, including Under Armour mouthguards and our own in-house mouthguards, to protect your sports lovers from dental injuries. In fact, students get their athletic mouthguard free! Just bring in your student ID!